Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Couch to 5K


For the past 5 weeks I've been trying the Couch to 5K program. Rumor has it that in as little as two months I should be ready to run jog a 5K. Although I didn't start from the couch level (but close), I am certainly not a runner, nor have I ever been a runner. But, today I hit the treadmill once again and completed Day 1 of Week 6.   Three days a week and about a half hour each, things have been going pretty well. Saturday I convinced the Mr. to run jog with me a full 20 minutes without stops. He hasn't been working his way up to this, but I was very proud of him for not passing out. I had some concerns after the first 3 minutes, but he pulled through like a champ! It was so great having someone beside me to do this with. My goal is to participate in at least two 5Ks this summer. I'll keep you posted. And....if I can do this - so can you! Click on the link above to check out the program then of course get off the computer and start a running.

UPDATE: I just finished Week 7 Day 1. Yes, that was 25 minutes of straight jogging. I didn't feel like doing it today but I did. I actually increased my speed by 2 points and I finished it! It was a killer....

No comments:

Post a Comment