Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Liberty Days 5K

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED BABY! 
I ran (without stopping) in a 5K! I was so proud of myself; simply because I've always been the VERY non-athletic type. Trust me when I say it's a huge deal. 

Here is a picture of the signs I saw as I neared the finish line. I have great kids. I also have a great husband who thought of the idea and gave the kids poster board with markers and cheered me on. 



I was so focused on just finishing I was a little mad at myself for going too slow. I definitely wasn't last, but I finish nearly 2 minutes behind my best time and I still wasn't out of gas. I know I didn't give it my all but I'm happy to have achieved my ultimate goal. So now, of course, I want to do it again and pick up the speed. So okay, I'll do again. How about this Saturday? Okay. I may have even convinced Hubby to join me.

UPDATE: WE DID IT!
Farmington Festival Days 5K, 10K & Half Marathon

My man seems to have broken into a bit of a sweat. I was SO PROUD of him. He finished without stopping and had a pretty good time! He tells me I signed him up against his will when the truth is all I had to do was tell him there was a free breakfast afterwards. 



I am on this list! I'm #19 in my age division. That's pretty good! I Couldn't believe it when I came up to the finish line. I ran my best time and crossed nearly 4 minutes faster than I had on Monday. I was feeling quite giddy the rest of the day. :)

That's two 5K in one week! It's time to take a racing break but I'll do it again Sept. 11th.


No comments:

Post a Comment