Thursday, February 10, 2011

Romance at the Movies

I love Valentine's Day! I really do. I mean I didn't used to. Okay, it's pretty lame if you don't have someone to share it with. But I really love it because my wedding anniversary is only one week later. One of my favorite ways to celebrate Valentine's Day is by watching the juiciest, most transcending, emotion-hijacking romance movies ever made! My husband is so right there with me - so glad to not be watching some testosterone-filled, violent, adventure film. I mean, guys are so not like that....

Here are my all-time favorites. If you have not seen one or any of these, go put it in your Netflix que NOW. Your husband will thank you for it.


PRIDE & PREJUDICE
Not just any version of Pride and Prejudice (but I kind of like them all). It has to be the Colin Firth version - before he played the role of a stuttering king. (Why, oh why is that movie rated R?! Curse you Hollywood! *shaking my fist to the sky*) Seriously, have you not seen this one? I pity you.


THE NOTEBOOK
A love story with a lot of depth. Which was kind of unexpected. There is just a part of this story that won't ever leave your mind because it makes such an impression. But, could I please watch a clean version of this movie? It really was a shame. So could I interest you in a little NORTH AND SOUTH instead?




NORTH AND SOUTH
If you love Jane Austin movies you will {heart} this one! Your tongue will be rolling out of your mouth in the end, trying to lap up all the gooey romance oozing from the screen. This is a movie I will recommend without hesitation.


MOULIN ROUGE
Extremely creative. Tons of eye-candy. This is a musical with amazing arrangements. I own very few movies but this is one of them. If I had to state my ALL-TIME favorite. This would be it.


THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
*Sigh* In collage I memorized this entire soundtrack. I can play nearly every song on the piano. But alas, I have never seen the Broadway production. (Don't you feel sorry for me? I do.) With that said, I love this movie! And, hello ladies...Gerard Butler.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janae ~ We owned a couple Cleanflix stores (very nicely edited movies) before we unfortunately had to shut down. Anyhoo. We have a copy of Notebook (Yes, I love that movie) if you ever need to see a clean version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...It's so funny because whenever I think of Cleanflix, I always think of you! No one is permitted to edit movies and sell them because of a law? Lame. I'm sorry you had to shut down. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen all these movies and have to agree with you...good taste!! Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Anniversary :) p.s. If you can swing it, the on-stage version of Phantom in Las Vegas at the Venetian is really amazing. We just went in November - it was my 3rd time seeing Phantom on-stage, and it was really well done.

    ReplyDelete