Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

The Hubs and I began celebrating Valentines on Thursday night. Why? Because we're smart people. Oh yes, we made reservations to be sure, but we were able to enjoy and very quite and romantic dinner at Corbin's with very few people around. We hid out, pretty much secluded in our little both next to the waterfall. I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but that is an entire wall of water. Also, the food is just hmmmmm....can't stop saying hmmmmmm....while I eat it. It is THE BEST ROMANTIC PLACE to eat in this here county. It was pretty great to say the least.


Saturday, the Hubs and I were out again at....wait for it.... wait for it.... The Old Spaghetti Factory. Yeah? Valentine Day is also my mom-n-law's birthday. We met up with the Hub's family and showered her with gifts. I would have to say that her favorite was probably the gift we gave. Red fuzzy handcuffs. (For sure. Right?)


Monday morning, I tried to craft with third graders. See picture above. I would love to tell you that's how they all turned out. I'm wondering why at some point an alarm didn't go off in my head, Abort mission...Abort mission. Threading ribbon, gluing tissue paper, tying bows, stuffing with chocolate, nine-year olds, and 10 minutes don't add up. Live and Learn. But look at all it's crafty Valentine-y potential.


On Valentines Day, I gave the Hubs and each of the kids their own box of chocolates. We dimmed the lights and our family had a sweet little candlelight dinner at home.  Hubs brought me flowers and, yes,  handmade chocolates and made our meal. We listened to music while we ate and the Hubs and I danced. I love that man! (I really love that man because that man spent the last two nights watching North and South with me. - all four hours! Did he complain? Yes he did. No.)

At this point I won't mention the part of the dinner that turned into a rousing game of "Do I dare put out the candle with my bare hands?" Let's just say, I'm grateful the house didn't catch on fire and everyone still has their hair and eyebrows.

 I made dessert.



I didn't know I knew how to temper chocolate... *pats self on the back and gives a kiss to the Hubs*

No comments:

Post a Comment