Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Excitement rules over fear & pain!


I promised my dd that she could get her ears pierced for her 8th birthday. As the day approached I started wondering what I was thinking! Little girls grow up too fast now days and this is one of those things that will push her straight into womanhood, right? I had to wait until I was thirteen! I guess I was really thinking she looks super cute in earrings and I was tired of wasting my money on stick-ons that always ended up dangling from a strand of hair next to her ear. My other thought was that turning 8 seems perfectly symbolic...


Totally excited standing outside of the mall. Ready to go!


Marking where the hole will go. Ouch!

Did this girl even flinch? No. She was much too giddy to care! I didn't even know if she had felt anything until she said with a huge smile and giggles. "That kind of hurt really bad."



Celebrating with a smoothie.

"Oh yeah, Oh yeah. I have pierced ears. I have earrings..." Just a little song she's been singing ever since Monday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment