Monday, November 16, 2009

The Thanksgiving Tree







This is the annual Post Family Thanksgiving tradition. Something I saw in a BH&G magazine after we were first married and we've done it every year since. So last Monday I wandered around in the backyard looking for a branch we could use. I had to cut a lot of thorns off this one, but I think it turned out great! For Family Home Evening we had a lesson about gratitude and then we each took turns saying what we are thankful for and I wrote them on the maple leaves. It's been pretty funny some of the things the kids have come up with each year, but I always know it's sincere. And nothing melts my heart more than to hear my sweet little kiddos say they are thankful for Heavenly Father or Jesus and even buzzing bees and each other. It's just that simple. Gratitude makes us smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment