Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas at Home and Christmas Candy


So what's increasing my waistline now...?
A couple of weeks ago I did myself the greatest disservice and purchased my very first candy thermometer. Next, I pulled this recipe off line and, unfortunately, proceeded to make the PERFECT toffee. To make matters worse, I slathered melted chocolate and chopped pecans onto BOTH SIDES. Well, now let's just be truthful here - The REAL problem is that I can't stop eating them! *Shaking my fist* Curse you delicious confection! 

Letters for Santa!
I was corrected by my eldest that the North Pole 
is NOT a part of the USA.

On a silent December night.

 I gave an angel ornament to each of my dearest friends that I've made since moving here. I told them that they were angles for befriending me in the first place, and angles for remaining my friends once they got to know me. 
No small undertaking... 

My tree has heart with a little bit of everything on it.

Olive wood Nativity from the City of Jerusalem.
 I have the most heart-wrenching tale of it's demise, but I'll spare you until another day. I'll just say that it surprisingly had nothing to do with the children. Maybe. I don't think so.

 A little bit of Christmas in the kitchen.

The good news is, as everyone knows, 
that calories don't count at Christmas. 
(But someone should tell that to my waistline.)

2 comments:

  1. That toffee looks DELICIOUS!!! Recipe please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/12/pecan-buttercrunch-and-a-fun-packaging-idea-sugar-rush-10.html

    Wow! I get so excited when someone makes a comment on my blog! Thanks Sidney! You can't go wrong with any of the recipes on the blog I just gave you the link for. My family is starting to think I'm an inventive and wonderful cook now - all thanks to the fabulous recipes on that site.

    ReplyDelete