Thursday, December 16, 2010

Trimming the Tree





The kids decorated the Christmas tree. 
One big beautiful hot mess Christmas Tree! I used to be such a control freak when it came to the tree. I was scratching my head wondering why it was that every year I let the kids just have at the tree and then not change a thing. Oh, I had visions in my youth of one day having my own Christmas tree to decorate. I imaged the many beautiful themes it would have rivaling those you see at The Festival of Trees. I spent the first few years of my marriage as the Christmas Tree Nazi; and then....I just gave up. I would arrange those ornaments to perfection only to have an infant crawl on over and dismantle every single object within reach. Or a toddler waddle over and do some rearranging of his own. 
Now a days I must think it's sweet to see how my children decorate the tree or maybe I'm just too lazy to decorate it myself, and redecorate it, and redecorate it...

The good news is that it doesn't throw me into a tail-spin to look over and see three glass bulbs and a jingle bell hanging from the same branch. (I really must think it's sweet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment