Saturday, December 18, 2010

Gingerbread House ala my children


This is Santa. (Just in case you weren't sure.)
 This is the first year I relinquished control of the Gingerbread House.
This would also be the first year we all enjoyed decorating it. Hmm...
I think the kids did a pretty good job! I mean, considering I didn't pull out my Wilton cake decorating tips or create a thatched roof out of Shredded Wheat Cereal. Or even have the kids melt down some sugar to create a shining crystal blue ice skating pond out front. It's just an $8 kit. 

To feed your craving for something truly amazing and a bit more professional, here are some photos I took at the Festival of Trees this year:






I wonder how many painstaking hours went into creating these masterpieces. Maybe not fun to make but it's fun for the rest of us to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment